A Personal Wrestling Opinion Blog
The Pro’s & Con’s of Showing Off at Wrestlemania
REPOST OF AN ARTICLE I WROTE EARLIER THIS YEAR FOR ANOTHER WRESTLING NEWS WEBSITE
After watching Raw yesterday, I saw what I hope is the beginning of a very exciting storyline for “The Showoff” Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler & Daniel Bryan put on a very exciting match that very well could have been on a PPV undercard with Dolph finally breaking his losing streak.
I believe & hope that this could be the start of a month long rebuilding of the Ziggler character. Climaxing with the ultimate form of showing off by successfully cashing in his Money In The Bank Contract at Wrestlemania 29 to win the World Heavyweight Championship. There are both pro’s and con’s to this storyline
- Cements his character as the ultimate showoff
- Allows WWE to put Swagger over Del Rio after having invested so much time in him, whilst at the same time punishing him for his recent DUI offence.
- Finally turns Ziggler face after receiving this reaction from a large part of the WWE Universe for some time now.
- Gets Ziggler the Wrestlemania appearance bonus that his work over the last year deserves.
- His recent losing streak diminishes his credibility as a strong champion.
- WWE creative may want to capitalise on the mainstream media attention Swagger has brought the company by making him champion instead.
- A Ziggler victory could get lost in the star power of Lesnar, HHH, CM Punk, Undertaker, Cena & The Rock. (This is the biggest con in my opinion)
As I’ve said I believe this would be a huge step for Ziggler’s character, however it may be better left to a later PPV such as Payback in June.
I’d love to hear your thoughts & opinions in the comments section below or via Twitter @Appsy88
Thanks for reading & I’ll see you all again later in the week.